- Registered nether the Companies Act. 1956,
- Its main trace of piece of occupation organization is lending, investments inward diverse types of shares / stocks /bonds / debentures / securities, leasing, hire-purchase, insurance business, chit businesses
- Its main trace of piece of occupation organization is receiving deposits nether whatever scheme or scheme inward ane lump total or inward installments.
However, a Non-Banking Financial Company does non include whatever establishment whose main trace of piece of occupation organization is agricultural activity, industrial activity, trading activity or sale / buy / structure of unmovable property. (Section 45I (c) of the RBI Act, 1934) .
One telephone substitution expression to travel kept inward thought is that the Financial activity of loans / advances every bit stated inward 45 I (C ), should travel for activity other than its own. In the absence of this provision, all companies would stimulate got been NBFCs.
NBFCs whose asset size is of Rs.100 cr or to a greater extent than every bit per terminal audited residue canvass are considered every bit systemically of import NBFCs.
The rationale for such classification is that the activities of such NBFCs volition stimulate got a bearing on the fiscal stability inward our country.
The Reserve Bank of Republic of Republic of India regulates in addition to supervises Non-Banking Financial Companies which are into the trace of piece of occupation organization of (i) lending (ii) acquisition of shares, stocks, bonds, etc., or (iii) fiscal leasing or hire purchase.
The Reserve Bank has been given the powers nether the RBI Act 1934 to register , lay downwards policy , outcome directions, inspect, regulate, supervise in addition to practice surveillance over NBFCs that run across the 50-50 criteria of main business.
The Reserve Bank tin penalize NBFCs for violating the provisions of the RBI Act or the directions or orders issued yesteryear RBI nether RBI Act. The penal activity tin besides res-ult inward RBI cancelling the Certificate of Registration issued to the NBFC, or prohibiting them from accepting deposits in addition to alienating their assets or filing a winding upwards petition.
RBI tightened Tier 1 working capital missive of the alphabet requirements in addition to said NBFCs wou-ld ask to concord working capital missive of the alphabet levels of at to the lowest degree of Rs 1 crore ($162,668) yesteryear the destination of March 2016 in addition to Rs ii crore yesteryear March-end 2017 to avoid losing their correct to operate.
The country’s apex banking concern besides said alone for certain investment-grade NBFCs would travel allowed to convey deposits, proverb the fums would stimulate got until the end-March 2016 to start out a credit rating. RBI capped deposit-taking at 1.5 times the size of a Cum’s minimum working capital missive of the alphabet – downfrom 4 times previously.
NBFCs lend in addition to brand investments in addition to therefore their activities are akin to that of bad.; nevertheless in that place are a few differences every bit given below ;
- NBFC cannot stimulate got need deposits;
- NBFCs produce non shape business office of the payment in addition to short town scheme in addition to cannot outcome cheques draini on itself;
- deposit ins trance facility of Deposit Insurance in addition to Credit Guarantee Corporation is non available to depositors of NBFCs, different inward illustration of banks.
Shared yesteryear Shravan Varma. G