Sukanya Samriddhi Account – New Saving Scheme for Girl Child
- Sukanya Samriddhi Account (Girl Child Prosperity Account) is a Government of Republic of Republic of India backed saving system targeted at the parents of daughter children.
- It is a welcome footstep past times the Indian Government which is a part of its “Beti Bachao – Beti Padhao” initiative.
- Sukanya Samriddhi Account was launched past times Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 22nd Jan 2015.
- It is a pocket-sized savings scheme.
- The trouble organization human relationship tin sack move opened past times the parents or a legal guardian of a daughter kid inwards whatever postal service purpose or authorized branches of unopen to of the commercial banks.
- The historic catamenia of the daughter at the fourth dimension of opening of trouble organization human relationship should non move to a greater extent than than 10 years.
- One twelvemonth ease available this year.
- Minimum deposit sum is K as well as maximum sum is 150000 per annum.
- Money must move deposited for xiv years.
- Amount tin sack move deposited inwards cash or cheque.
- Initially, the involvement charge per unit of measurement was gear upward at 9.1% per annum but subsequently revised to 9.25 inwards belatedly March 2015
- Maturity engagement is 21 years from the engagement of opening or engagement of matrimony of daughter kid whichever is earlier.
- 50% withdrawal tin sack move made for higher studies of daughter kid after her historic catamenia of xviii years.
- Account shall move closed premature inwards the instance of expiry of Girl Child.
- Within ii months of launch, 1,80,000 accounts had been opened nether the scheme.
- Karnataka, Tamil Nadu as well as Andhra Pradesh reported highest set out of novel accounts.