- He is the 23rd governor of the Reserve Bank of India.
- He did his bachelor’s inwards electrical technology scientific discipline from IIT-Delhi, his MBA ifrom the Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad (IIM A), followed yesteryear a PhD from Massachusetts Institute of Technology. He was a golden medalist at both IIT together with IIM.
- He is of fifty years together with is from Bhopal, India.
- He formerly served every bit the president of the American Finance Association together with likewise worked every bit the principal economist of the International Monetary Fund (IMF). He was likewise appointed every bit the Chief Economic Adviser to the
- Finance Ministry inwards August final year.
- He is the writer of the pop mass Fault Lines: How Hidden Fractures Still Threaten the World Economy, where he has argued that serious flaws inwards the economic scheme are to blame for the electrical flow economical crisis, together with warns that a potentially to a greater extent than devastating crisis awaits us if they aren’t fixed.
- He was honored alongside Fischer Black Prize inwards 2003 together with Financial Times together with Goldman Sachs Business Book of the Year Award inwards 2010.
- He is the s youngest governor of RBI.
- He joins the RBI when Bharat is facing i of its most challenging times inwards years.