What is a Pay Commission?
- The Pay Commission is an administrative system/mechanism that the regime of Republic of Republic of India ready inward 1956 to determine the salaries of regime employees.
- The First Pay Commission was established inward 1956, together with since then, every decade has seen the nativity of a committee that decides the payoff of regime employees for a detail time-frame.
- The Second Pay Commission was ready inward August 1957 together with gave its study inward ii years.
- The Third Pay Commission, ready inward Apr 1970, submitted its study inward March 1973.
- The recommendations of the Fourth Pay Commission covered the catamenia betwixt 1986 together with 1996. T
- he Fifth Pay Commission covered the catamenia betwixt 1996 together with this year.
- The Union Cabinet, nether the stewardship of together with thence Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, approved the setting upward of the 6th Pay Commission to revise the payscales of key regime employees inward July 2006.
- The sixth Pay Commission is headed past times its Chairman Justice B due north Srikrishna, together with has Ravindra Dholakia, J southward Mathur together with Sushama Nath every bit its other members.
- The 7th Pay commission was approved on 29th June 2016.
seventh Pay Commission :
People Behind seventh Pay Commission
- Chairman : aJustice Ashok Kumar Mathur
- Members :
- Full Time : Vivek Rae
- Part Time : Rathin Roy
- Secretary : Meena Agarwal
Key Highlights of the seventh Pay Commission
- Minimum pay of Rs 18,000 has been recommended against the existing Rs 7,000 per month
- The charge per unit of measurement of annual increment is beingness retained at iii per cent
- The committee has recommended abolishing 52 allowances altogehter
- Another 36 allowances stimulate got been abolished every bit split identities, but subsumed either inward an existing allowance or inward newly proposed allowances
- Gratuity ceiling doubled from Rs 10 lakh to Rs xx lakh together with housing loan allowance hiked from Rs 7.5 lakh to Rs 25 lakh
- Two dates of increments inward house of existing 1 – 1st Janunary together with 1st July
- Ex-gratia lump heart compensation together with military machine service pay increased
- Existing rates of monthly contribution towards Group Insurance to continue
- Grade Pay & Pay Band construction to hold upward replaced past times Pay Matrix, comprising nineteen Levels
- Total annual burden of pay, pensions together with arrears of seventh Pay Commission recommendations stands at Rs 1,02,100 crore.
- The full fiscal touching on inward the FY 2016-17 is probable to hold upward ₹1,02,100 crore
- Rs 2,25,000 per calendar month is the maximum pay for apex scale together with Rs 2,50,000 per calendar month for Cabinet Secretary together with others shortly at the same pay level
- Based on the minmum pay, a fitment element of 2.57 is beingness proposed to hold upward applied uniformly for all employees.