- RBI (Reserve Bank of India) is India’s Central Banking Institution.
- RBI came into beingness on 1st Apr 1935 as a someone part holder.
RBI was Nationalized inward which twelvemonth ?
- On 1st Jan 1949.
Where is the Head Quarters of RBI ?
RBI has how many Regional Offices ?
- 19 regional offices.
RBI Prints currency inward how many languages ?
- It prints currency inward fifteen languages.
RBI came into beingness on recommendations of which commission ?
- It came into beingness on recommendation of Hilton Young (Royal) commission every bit per RBI human action 1934.
RBI is the fellow member banking concern of which international organizations ?
- No. RBI does non pay involvement on authorities deposits
What are the Functions of RBI ?
- Monetary Authority
- Regulator together with supervisor of the fiscal system
- Manager of Foreign Exchange
- Issuer of currency
- Developmental role(Functions to back upwardly national objectives)
- Banker to Banks
- Banker to the Government
- Keeps a component subdivision of cash reserves of the banks
- Short term lending
- Centralized clearing facility
Under which scheme does RBI issues currency notes ?
- Currency notes are issued yesteryear RBI nether “Minimum Reserve scheme 1957” alongside backing of 200 Cr Reserve(Gold : Rs. 115Cr + Foreign Securities Rs.85 Crore)
What are the monetary instruments used yesteryear RBI to command credit together with to convey stability inward the economic scheme ?
- Bank Rate, Repo Rate, Reverse Repo Rate, Cash Reserve Ratio, Statutory Liquidity Ratio
What is Bank Rate ?
- Bank Rate, also known every bit discount charge per unit of measurement at which RBI (central bank) lends to commercial banks together with other fiscal institutions. It is commonly for longer period.
- In unproblematic words, it is basically borrowing coin from someone together with together with then paying interest. This charge per unit of measurement is decided yesteryear cardinal banking concern depending upon the demand together with provide of coin inward an economy.
What is Repo charge per unit of measurement ?
- It is the charge per unit of measurement at which banks takes coin from RBI for a brusque menstruum of fourth dimension yesteryear selling their fiscal assets to RBI alongside an understanding to repurchase it inward future.
What is Reverse Repo Rate ?
- The charge per unit of measurement at which RBI borrows from the commercial bank. RBI uses Reverse repo charge per unit of measurement when it feels at that spot is also much coin floating inward the banking system.
- Both Repo together with Reserve repo charge per unit of measurement are used every bit policy instruments for 24-hour interval to 24-hour interval liquidity management nether the liquidity adjustment facility.
What is Cash reserve Ratio ?
- Cash reserve Ratio (CRR) is the sum of funds that the banks attain got to choke along alongside RBI. RBI increases the CRR charge per unit of measurement to drain out the excessive cash from the banks.
What is Statutory Liquidity Ratio ?
- SLR (Statutory Liquidity Ratio) is the sum a commercial banking concern needs to keep inward the floor of cash, or gilded or govt. approved securities (Bonds) earlier providing credit to its customers.
- SLR charge per unit of measurement is determined together with maintained yesteryear the RBI (Reserve Bank of India) inward monastic enjoin to command the expansion of banking concern credit. SLR is determined every bit the pct of full demand together with pct of fourth dimension liabilities. SLR is used to command inflation together with propel growth.
What are Open Market Operations ?
- It involves buying together with selling of authorities securities yesteryear RBI to influence the book of cash reserves alongside commercial banks.
What is the Structure of RBI ?
- Central Board of Directors
- One Governor (Dr. Raghuram Rajan)
- Four Deputy Governors(4 is the maximum)
- H R Khan,
- Dr Urjit Patel,
- R Gandhi and
- SS Mundra.
- Four Non official Directors(which is nominated yesteryear Central Government. -Each non-official manager correspond the local boards inward Delhi, Chennai, Kolkata together with Mumbai)
- Ten Non official directors(Nominated yesteryear RBI)
- One instance of Central Government
- Committee of Central Boards
- Board of Financial Supervision
- Board of Payment together with Settlement systems
- Subcommittees of cardinal board
- Local Boards
What is Current Bank Rate ?
- Bank Rate : 8.25%
What is Current Repo Rate ?
- Repo Rate : 7.25%
What is Current Reverse Repo Rate ?
- Reverse Repo Rate : 6.25%
What is electrical flow Cash Reserve Ratio ?
- Cash Reserve Ratio (CRR) : 4%
What is electrical flow SLR ?
- Statutory Liquidity Ratio (SLR): 21.50%
What is electrical flow MSF ?
- Marginal Standing Facility(MSF): 8.25%