Important Points to Note :
- The highest denomination regime notation printed past times the RBI was the ₹10,000 regime notation inward 1938 too inward 1954.
- They were demonetised inward 1946 too 1978, respectively.
- It costs a petty over ₹3 to create a ₹1,000 note, the lowest inward damage printing costs every bit a proportion of value.
- Printing notes of smaller denominations is relatively to a greater extent than costly.
- As of March 2016, the value of banknotes inward circulation was ₹16,41,500 lakh crore, an increase of 14.9 per cent over the previous year.
- In value terms, ₹500 too ₹1,000 notes together accounted for 86.4 per cent of the full value of notes inward circulation.