* Above nosotros come across the SPY ETF (blue line) plotted against the coin flows into the SPY ETF. Note that we’ve seen prolonged outflows from SPY since the showtime of the year. That has corresponded amongst a catamenia of prolonged sector rotation. Year-to-date, for example, the healthcare sector is upwardly over 13% in addition to consumer goods shares are upwardly 6.6%, piece materials stocks are downward 1.7%, conglomerates are downward 5.3% in addition to utilities are downward 8%. (Data from FinViz). Interestingly, flows bring of late turned higher inward SPY, fifty-fifty every bit we’re seeing turmoil abroad. With doubt inward China in addition to Europe, I’m opened upwardly to the thesis that the United States of America stocks could larn an increasing condom haven both because of relative increment in addition to relative yield. If that’s the case, those coin flows should grow in addition to the SPY nautical chart would showtime to await quite different.
* If there’s a subject that has run through this weblog in addition to the books I’ve written, it’s that nosotros develop, non past times changing who nosotros are, simply we’re less prepared for time to come fiscal crises, amongst rates running out of room to the downside.
* Great post service from Ryan Detrick on how information lookback periods tin travel manipulated to laissez passer either bearish or bullish forecasts.
* Most hated stocks in addition to other top views for the week from Abnormal Returns.
* Top quant links from Quantocracy, including the derivation of a promising losing streak indicator.
Have a swell showtime to the week!