Important Highights of Fugitive Economic Offenders Bill
- A fugitive economical offender is a mortal against whom an arrest warrant has been issued as well as who has left Republic of Republic of India to avoid criminal prosecution as well as refuses to return.
- This billl volition aid deter economical offenders from evading the police pull past times staying exterior the jurisdiction of Indian courts.
- The belongings of the offender volition live on seized inward Republic of Republic of India as well as abroad, including those that are proxy-owned.
- Under the proposed law, the defendant volition live on given a run a peril to province their case, which volition include an appeal inward the high court.
- The government’s motion comes with an investigation into what is believed to live on a Rs. 12,000 crore swindle past times jewelers Nirav Modi as well as Mehul Choksi, who were able to larn mistaken Punjab National Bank guarantees to enable them to marking credit from banks overseas.
- The provisions of the neb volition apply for economical offenders whom an arrest warrant has been issued for a scheduled offence too equally wilful banking concern loan defaulters with outstanding over Rs 100 crore.
- The economical offenders volition live on tried nether prevention of coin laundering act.